Activity 5: I Believe, I Feel, I Act
Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Participants' faith journals
- Pens or pencils
- Newsprint, markers and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Write I Believe (world view), I Feel (loyalty of my heart), and I Act (way of life) on newsprint.
- Write the reflection question on newsprint.
Description of Activity
Explain that participants will now have the opportunity to reflect and write or draw on what they have learned and discussed in the workshop. The following is a framework for reflecting, but they are free to reflect in any way that is helpful for them.
Ask them to make three columns in their journals:
I BELIEVE I FEEL I ACT
(world view) (loyalty of my heart) (way of life)
Invite them to consider their faith in these terms.
An example might be:
1. I believe that covenant is important for building relationships.
2. I feel welcomed as part of the Unitarian Universalist covenantal community.
3. I act on my beliefs and feelings by promising to uphold the covenants I am part of.
Explain that they can make as many statements as they have time for now and they can always continue during the reflection time in future workshops.
Offer the following reflection question related to the theme of the day: Reflecting on your own actions in your congregation, which ones uphold or strengthen covenant, and which ones break or weaken it?
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.