Find Out More, Workshop 1: Beginning Together
In "A Place of Wholeness," a Tapestry of Faith program
Further reading on James Luther Adams' theology
- Beach, George Kimmich. Transforming Liberalism: The Theology of James Luther Adams. Boston: Skinner House, 2004.
- The Essential James Luther Adams: Selected Essays and Addresses. Boston: Skinner House, 1998. Available from the UUA Bookstore.
Further information on Jacob Lawrence and the Great Migration
- The Phillips Collection, the owner of the Jacob Lawrence painting used in this workshop. They have a whole website based on The Migration Series that also discusses Lawrence's life. It includes a section that invites people to tell their stories of migration.
- The Whitney Museum of American Art also owns a portion of The Migration Series along with other Jacob Lawrence paintings. Their website has background information on Lawrence's life and artistic influences.
Further information on book making and other paper related projects
- If you have time to make a more complicated journal or want a source for other Do It Yourself projects the D*I*Y Planner website is another good resource.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- Workshop 9
- Workshop 10
- Workshop 11
- Workshop 12
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources