Welcoming and Entering
Activity time: 0 minutes
Materials for Activity
- 5 x 8-inch index cards (one for each participant and leader)
- String or yarn
- Markers and pens
- Leader Resource 1,Nametag
Preparation for Activity
- Draw the image that is found in Leader Resource 1 on a piece of newsprint.
- Cut pieces of string or yarn so that they are long enough to fit around the neck when tied to the index cards.
- Punch holes in the top corners of each index card.
- Fill out an example nametag for yourself.
Description of Activity
As participants arrive, invite them to make a nametag. Direct them to the materials you have laid out and to the example you have drawn on newsprint. Once they have filled out their nametags ask them to tie the string on the cards and put it around their neck. Let them know that they will be using these nametags in an activity later on in the workshop.
Including All Participants
This activity could be challenging to those who have limited sight or who have motor skill difficulties that make it hard for them to write. In those cases, one of the leaders or other participants should help that participant fill out their nametag.
For more information contact email@example.com.