You Are Here
Be Impeccable With Your Word. Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love. — Miguel Angel Ruiz, spiritualist and author
This workshop deals with integrity. Since integrity requires being true to yourself, participants will also examine the related virtues of honesty and trustworthiness. Activities highlight the importance of our reputations, and youth discuss the effects of peer pressure in their lives. If you have time, you might add Alternate Activity 2, Are Humans Born Good?
This workshop will:
- Examine the meanings of integrity, honesty, and trustworthiness
- Wrestle with ethical dilemmas involving integrity, honesty, and trust
- Guide youth to identify themselves as people of integrity, who are honest and trustworthy.
- Explore the meaning of integrity
- Consider how honesty and trustworthiness relate to integrity
- Discuss a dilemma that involves compromised integrity
- Identify experiences where they acted with integrity, honesty, and trustworthiness, and some where they did not
- Commit to using the virtue of integrity in the future.