Moderation in all things, including moderation. — Petronius, Roman author of satires
The exploration of virtues begins with a focus on moderation, because moderation is a virtue that touches all the other virtues. In future workshops, youth will respond to questions such as "Can you be too honest?" and "What can happen if you are too forgiving?" This workshop lifts up moderation to set a tone for the entire program, to steer youth from pursuing virtues so intensely that virtuous living becomes its own vice.
This workshop will:
- Unpack the meaning of moderation
- Explore situations where moderation is used or called for
- Invite youth to identify ways they do, or could, use moderation.
- Explore the meaning of "moderation"
- Apply moderation to a hypothetical dilemma
- Identify ways they have used moderation, assess the effects of using moderation, and commit to future use of moderation in their lives.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.