A poet who reads his verse in public may have other nasty habits.
— Robert Heinlein
Today is the big day: the Poetry Slam performance. You have checked and double-checked your list. You have talked to your co-leader and youth who are playing pivotal roles to make sure they are ready. If you are including a fund-raiser at the event, do not forget to confer with those organizers. Eventually, all that will be left to do is to have a great time.
Instead of an Opening, this workshop has a Gathering and Focus activity. There is no Closing.
This workshop will:
- Honor our spirits, creativity, and craftsmanship by sharing our poems with others
- Implement a public performance of poetry, and experience its impact
- Optional: Contribute individual and collective energy toward fund-raising to help others in the wider community
- Connect with the congregation through the sharing of ideas/reflections
- Gift the congregation with a live performance while making use of their individual talents
- Optional: Use their talents to raise money to help those in need
For more information contact email@example.com.