Closing (5 minutes), Workshop 9: Families Function: Families Feel
In "Families," a Tapestry of Faith program
Description of Activity
- Gather participants together in a circle.
- Ask for a volunteer to write some chalice lighting words for next time.
- For the next session, ask participants to bring objects that help express who they are and their identities as student, soccer player, cook, and the like.
- Arrange and/or confirm youth co-leaders for next session (optional).
- Invite participants to reflect on the session: What worked? What did not?
- Close with a benediction. If your congregation has one that youth know, use that. If not, share a simple blessing such as:
May the spirit of life and love hold you and keep you until we meet again.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- Workshop 9
- Workshop 10
- Workshop 11
- Workshop 12
- Entire Program
- Entire Program (Paper-Saving Version)