You Are Here
In the end we are all separate: our stories, no matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge. We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect.
In this session, participants work together to prepare their artistic display about families.
- Broaden and deepen their understandings and definitions of families, including the roles and functions of families
- Explore the meaning of healthy families in a diversity of forms
- Value each individual's perspective as an interpreter of our world and as a teller of our stories
- Engage joyfully in the creation of art
- Learn more fully that there is no "objective" point of view
- Engage as leaders of a project that serves the greater congregation and affirms more deeply their place in interdependent, multigenerational, congregational life
- Collaborate with peers
- Experience the roles of photographer/artist and storyteller—visual and/or text—within a faith community
- Create the final artistic display about families
- Collaborate with the full group to create the Meet the Creators portion of the display
- Problem-solve about the display
- Decide on how to make the display interactive, welcoming, and accessible
- Gain a sense of cumulative, collective accomplishment