Activity 1: Interfaith Service Event Debriefing
Activity time: 25 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Note cards, pens, and addresses of interfaith service partners
- Optional: Mementos from the interfaith service event, such as flyers, photos, paintbrushes, or tools
Preparation for Activity
- Post blank newsprint.
Description of Activity
Participants have the opportunity to debrief their interfaith service experience.
Say, in your own words:
We recently served together with another community. Let's talk about what happened and anything that is still on your minds.
Facilitate with these questions and others that occur to you:
- Did anything happen that surprised you?
- What was your favorite moment of the day?
- Were there any moments when you were uncomfortable? How did you react?
- How did it feel to participate in this event as a Unitarian Universalist? Did it affect how you relate to your faith?
- Would you want to do a similar event in the future? What would you do the same? What would you do differently?
- What was your biggest learning from doing this work? How can you share what you learned with friends who did not participate?
Note on newsprint any comments that are ideas about future service events, so you can mention them in later activities.
Distribute note cards, pens, and addresses. Invite participants to write, address, and send thank-you notes to partners.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.