Closing (2 minutes), Workshop 7: Service is Our Prayer
In "A Chorus of Faiths," a Tapestry of Faith program
Materials for Activity
- Copies of Singing the Journey, the supplement to Singing the Living Tradition, the Unitarian Universalist hymnbook
- Chalice, candle and lighter or LED battery-operated candle
- Taking It Home
- Optional: Handout 2, Standing on the Side of Love
Preparation for Activity
- Adapt Taking It Home and copy for all participants or arrange to distribute by email after the workshop.
- Become familiar with the words and tune of "Standing on the Side of Love," Hymn 1014 in Singing the Journey. Hear the tune on the UUA website, here.
Description of Activity
Explain that you will close with a song that embodies the interaction of spirituality and justice work for Unitarian Universalists.
Sing Hymn 1014, "Standing on the Side of Love."
Extinguish the chalice. Distribute Taking It Home. Thank and dismiss participants.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources