Activity 4: Story Review
Activity time: 13 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, tape, and markers
- A copy of the story "Faithful Fools"
- Copies of the stories from Workshops 1, 2, and 3
- Computer with Internet access
Preparation for Activity
- Make some copies of the story "Faithful Fools" for participants to share.
Make some copies of stories from Workshops 1, 2, and 3 for participants to share:
- Workshop 1, "A Chorus of Faith"
- Workshop 2, "Righteous Among the Nations"
- Workshop 3, "The March at Selma"
- If you do not have access to a computer with Internet access in the meeting space, consider making a handout to provide participants with the links to stories about interfaith service work offered below.
Description of Activity
Participants review interfaith service stories from our Unitarian Universalist faith tradition.
Remind the group that, along with their personal stories, they also share communal stories of interfaith cooperation from our Unitarian Universalist tradition.
Offer copies of the four stories for participants to share and review the stories together. Ask youth for examples of other stories about UU interfaith work they may know, but did not discuss in previous workshops. If youth do not mention these, tell them that Unitarian Universalists have worked with other faith communities on such issues as marriage equality, climate change and taking care of the earth, comprehensive sexuality education, immigration, and stopping war, to name just a few, current issues. If time permits this activity to go on longer and you have a computer with Internet access, let participants research these stories more. If you do not have the time, invite youth to research other stories of Unitarian Universalist interfaith work as part of their Taking It Home assignment.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.