You Are Here
Alternate Activity 2: Planning the Interfaith Service Event, Part 6
Activity time: 0 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Time line or calendar (Workshop 1)
- Scrap paper or sticky notes and pens/pencils
- Optional: Handout 1, Facilitator's Tools for Shared Value of Service Discussion
- Optional: Handout 2, Texts on the Shared Value of Service
Preparation for Activity
- Review the time frame for activities that should be completed before the next workshop.
- Decide whether you wish to lead the group through the dialogue process detailed in Handout 1, Facilitator's Tools for Shared Value of Service Discussion, and supported by Handout 2, Texts on the Shared Value of Service. If you do:
- Copy Handout 1 for co-leaders and (optional) youth who may volunteer to practice facilitating.
- Copy Handout 2 for all participants.
Description of Activity
Participants continue work on the interfaith service event.
Review any goals, duties, or activities that happened since the last workshop. Solicit updates and reports from teams or individual leaders. Go through details of any activities that need to happen before the next workshop. Ask if anyone has encountered any obstacles. If so, discuss together how to overcome them, including seeking additional help, if needed.
Invite youth to use the scrap paper or sticky notes to make reminders for themselves of any tasks they committed to complete.
Optional: Distribute Handout 2, Text on the Shared Value of Service, and lead the dialogue process detailed in Handout 1, Facilitator's Tools for Shared Value of Service Discussion.
You may wish to share this guided discussion with your interfaith partners. Provide both handouts to partner group leaders and ask for their feedback. Consider inviting interfaith partners to engage with your group in the discussion; make sure all parties agree on how, when, and where to hold the dialogue.