You Are Here
Activity 2: Story - How a Young Interfaith Leader Spread the News
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- A copy of the story "How a Young Interfaith Leader Spread the News"
Preparation for Activity
- Read the story and prepare to present it effectively.
- Optional: Copy the story for all participants.
Description of Activity
Participants hear the real story of a young interfaith leader and consider how publicizing her project and facilitating dialogue helped her lead.
Tell or read the story. Or, distribute copies to participants and invite volunteers to read aloud, taking turns at each sentence or paragraph. Remind the group that anyone may pass.
Then, lead a short discussion using these questions:
- What role did the media play in Aubrey Rose's becoming a leader?
- How did Aubrey Rose use telling the story of interfaith work to help her do what she wants to do in her community?
- What are the benefits and challenges of pursuing media and publicity for your work?
- What are your goals for your group? Did you gain any ideas from the Frederick Interfaith Youth?