Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Copies of Singing the Living Tradition, the Unitarian Universalist hymnbook
- Taking It Home
Preparation for Activity
- Adapt Taking It Home and copy for all participants or arrange to distribute by email after the workshop.
- Become familiar with the words and tune of Hymn 151 in Singing the Living Tradition, "I Wish I Knew How."
Description of Activity
This activity connects the different activities of the workshop and brings participants together with song.
Gather the group in a circle. Debrief the workshop with these questions:
- What new insights did you gain today?
- How have your thoughts changed about who your neighbors are?
- What does it mean to be a Unitarian Universalist neighbor?
Explain that this workshop will close with a song about what calls Unitarian Universalists to treat both stranger and friend with compassion. Lead participants to sing Hymn 151, "I Wish I Knew How."
Extinguish the chalice. Distribute Taking It Home. Thank participants.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.