Learning Objectives, Workshop 1: Beyond Diversity
In "A Chorus of Faiths," a Tapestry of Faith program
- Understand the concept of religious pluralism
- Identify three components of a religiously pluralistic community: respect for religious identity, mutually inspiring relationships, and common action for the common good
- Explore their own ideas about the role of religion in the world and discover why it might be important for people of different faiths to work together
- Understand an implicit Unitarian Universalist theology of pluralism
- Become aware of the cultural lens of liberal progressivism that they may bring to interfaith work.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources