Activity 1: Story - The Chair Men
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Copy of the story "The Chair Men"
Preparation for Activity
- Read the story until you are comfortable presenting it.
- Optional: Make copies of the story for youth to share and read along.
Description of Activity
A story invites youth to consider how using their imagination can have different benefits.
Some possible questions after reading the story include:
- How do you differentiate between an act that's "crazy" and an act that involves using one's imagination?
- With that definition in mind, do you consider eating a chair to be a crazy or imaginative act?
- If you were their professor, what grade would you give them if you wanted your students to be "imaginative, inventive, and instructive"?
- When was the last time you used your imagination to complete a task in a new way? What did you learn from it?
- Can you think of an example of someone doing something creative to help create justice? What about artists who create music, drama, or visual art?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.