Activity 1: Story - The Chair Men
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Copy of the story "The Chair Men"
Preparation for Activity
- Read the story until you are comfortable presenting it.
- Optional: Make copies of the story for youth to share and read along.
Description of Activity
A story invites youth to consider how using their imagination can have different benefits.
Some possible questions after reading the story include:
- How do you differentiate between an act that's "crazy" and an act that involves using one's imagination?
- With that definition in mind, do you consider eating a chair to be a crazy or imaginative act?
- If you were their professor, what grade would you give them if you wanted your students to be "imaginative, inventive, and instructive"?
- When was the last time you used your imagination to complete a task in a new way? What did you learn from it?
- Can you think of an example of someone doing something creative to help create justice? What about artists who create music, drama, or visual art?
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.