Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. — George Bernard Shaw
This workshop invites youth to explore the importance of imagination when creating a world as it could be, instead of how it is. Through the lens of climate change, youth learn about environmental justice issues and some imaginative responses to those issues. They are encouraged to dream big as they imagine themselves as superheroes and explore what actions they would take to create justice.
This workshop will:
- Identify imagination as a quality needed to bring about a more just world
- Encourage youth to use their imaginations
- Introduce ways to think creatively in imagining the world as it could be.
- See imagination as an important quality in justice making and imagine ways to live out this commitment
- Explore the consequences of choices that involve a lack of imagination and an abundance of it, using global warming as an example
- Dream big about changing the world.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.