Faith In Action: Building a Peace Display, Workshop 8: The Call for Peace
In "Heeding the Call," a Tapestry of Faith program
Materials for Activity
- Bulletin board or other method of display
- Tacks, tape or other means of attaching material
- Examples of peace building from newspapers, brochures, print out from websites, hand written notes, etc
Preparation for Activity
- Talk with the congregation's religious educator to identify an appropriate display space.
- Collect examples of peace building to display.
Description of Activity
Design a display, perhaps on a bulletin board, in the congregation with illustrations of people working for peace and justice. Include drawing, photographs, poetry, song lyrics, articles, and other writings. Continually update this board throughout the year so that it becomes an educational resource for your congregation.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- Workshop 9
- Workshop 10
- Workshop 11
- Workshop 12
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources