Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. — Buddha
In this workshop, youth explore abundance and scarcity. This includes time to reflect on how we view abundance and scarcity and how individuals can change these perceptions and realities. Participants discuss the unequal access to resources in the world, particularly how it is affected by an individual's identity, and privilege.
This workshop will:
- Identify a feeling of abundance as a quality needed to bring about a more just world
- Examine the difference between abundance and scarcity
- Define privilege and explore why people do not have equal access to resources.
- See a feeling of abundance as an important quality in justice making and imagine ways to appreciate abundance more
- Examine their lives in relation to abundance and scarcity
- Understand privilege and think of ways to create a world where more people have access to resources.
For more information contact email@example.com.