Activity 5: Fact Sheet
Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Handout 2, Comparative Chart of Eastern Religions
- A poster of the Unitarian Universalist Principles
Preparation for Activity
- Copy the handout for all participants.
- Display a poster of the seven UU Principles in the meeting space.
Description of Activity
Youth receive a comparative chart to take home.
Inform youth, as you distribute the handout, that instead of the standard fact sheet on each religion, this handout is a chart comparing the Eastern religions explored today and in upcoming workshops. Review the handout, using these prompts:
- Can you identify aspects of these religions that engage with the basic human needs met by religion? [answers to big questions, a connection to something larger than ourselves, knowing right from wrong, providing meaning and a purpose to life, and creating a sense of belonging]
- What beliefs do UUs and these religions share?
- How does knowing about these Eastern religions influence your Unitarian Universalist faith?
If there are outstanding questions about the religions, assign volunteers to research and bring answers to the next workshop or divide these duties between facilitators.
For more information contact email@example.com.