Opening (15 minutes), Workshop 6: Judaism 2—People of the Law
In "Building Bridges," a Tapestry of Faith program
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Chalice, candle, and lighter or LED/battery-operated candle
- Leader Resource 1, Additional Judaism Background
Preparation for Activity
- Read Leader Resource 1 so you will be comfortable presenting the information it provides.
- Post a blank sheet of newsprint.
Description of Activity
Answer the questions you were unable to answer during the last workshop.
Then light the chalice with these words:
We light this chalice in celebration of Unitarian Universalism and the sustaining faiths of all people of the world. May the flame represent the fire of our commitment to understand all faithful people and build bridges that connect us as one human family.
Invite participants to check in by saying their names and briefly relating either:
- What their names mean, if they looked them up between Workshop 5 and today, and their reaction to the meaning
- A thought or question they have had about Judaism since the group completed Workshop 5.
Read or share in your own words the information on Leader Resource 1. List important terms from the resource on newsprint.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, October 26, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Entire Program
- Entire Program (Paper-Saving Version)
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- Workshop 9
- Workshop 10
- Workshop 11
- Workshop 12
- Workshop 13
- Workshop 14
- Workshop 15
- Workshop 16
- Workshop 17
- Workshop 20
- Workshop 21
- Workshop 22
- Workshop 23
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources