New address: 24 Farnsworth Street, Boston, MA 02210-1409.
In "Building Bridges," a Tapestry of Faith program
1. God Creates the World in Six Days (then Rests)
2. Jonah and the Big Fish (Whale)
3. Lazarus Raised from the Dead
4. Moses and the Ten Commandments
5. Daniel and the Lion's Den
6. The Prodigal Son
7. Queen Esther Saves Her People
8. John the Baptist
9. Noah and the Ark (the Great Flood)
10. Samson and Delilah
11. The Good Samaritan
12. Joseph and His Amazing Coat of Many Colors
13. Adam and Eve
14. Wise King Solomon
15. Cain and Abel
16. David and Goliath
17. The Birth of Jesus
18. Lot, His Wife, and the Pillar of Salt
19. The Book of Ruth
20. Joshua and the Battle of Jericho
As participants enter, invite them to read the list of stories and identify which they think are from the Hebrew Bible, sometimes called the Old Testament. When it is time for the session to begin, share with youth that all the stories except for numbers 3, 6, 8, 11, and 17 come from Hebrew scripture. Point out that biblical stories from Hebrew scripture connect Unitarian Universalists to our Jewish religious heritage.
For more information contact web @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations.
Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, October 26, 2011.
Sidebar Content, Page Navigation
More Ways to Search
Donate to Support This Program and the Ongoing Work of the UUA
Read or subscribe to UUA.org Updates for the latest additions to our site.
Learn more about the Beliefs & Principles of Unitarian Universalism, or read our online magazine, UU World, for features on today's Unitarian Universalists. Visit an online UU church, or find a congregation near you.