You Are Here
Welcoming and Entering
Activity time: 0 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Leader Resource 1, On the Altar
- Drawing paper and pencils, pens, and/or color markers
Preparation for Activity
- Make and post a newsprint sign with this question: "What makes a good altar?"
- Place a few copies of Leader Resource 1, On the Altar, on work tables.
Description of Activity
Youth consider what belongs on a personal altar and what does not.
As participants enter, invite them to take a sheet of drawing paper and design an altar they feel is sacred. They can choose anything they like to place on their altar; indicate Leader Resource 1, On the Altar, which suggests possible items. After their art work is complete, encourage youth to discuss among themselves what they placed on their altars and each item's significance. Ask the group to circle items on Leader Resource 1 they believe a Pagan might put on their altar.