HANDOUT 1: Why Go to Church?
Thom Rainer, 2001.
TOP FIVE REASONS UNCHURCHED PEOPLE CHOOSE A CHURCH
- 1. Pastor/Preaching
- 2. Doctrines/Beliefs
- 3. Friendliness of members
- 4. Other
- 5. Someone witnessed/invited me
TOP FIVE REASONS CHURCH ATTENDERS CHOOSE A CHURCH
- 1. Doctrine/Theology/Beliefs
- 2. People caring for each other
- 3. Preaching
- 4. Friendliness of members
- 5. Children's programs
TOP FIVE REASONS FORMERLY UNCHURCHED STAY ACTIVE IN CHURCH
- 1. Ministry involvement
- 2. Sunday school/children's programs
- 3. Obedience to God
- 4. Fellowship/friendliness of members
- 5. Pastor/preaching
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Monday, December 12, 2011.
- Workshop Overview
- Workshop Plan
- Entire Workshop
- Entire Workshop (Paper-Saving Version)