Handout 4: Core Values
Unitarian Universalist Principles in Children's Language
1. We believe that each and every person is important.
2. We believe that all people should be treated fairly and kindly.
3. We believe that we should accept one another and keep on learning together.
4. We believe that each person must be free to search for what is true and right in life.
5. We believe that all persons should have a vote about the things that concern them.
6. We believe in working for a peaceful, fair, and free world.
7. We believe in caring for our planet Earth, the home we share with all living things.
Religious education in the American Ethical Union is based on these values:
Every person is important and unique.
Every person deserves to be treated fairly and kindly.
I can learn from everyone.
I am part of this earth: I cherish it and all the life upon it.
I learn from the world around me by using my senses, mind, and feelings.
I am a member of the world community which depends on the cooperation of all people for peace and justice.
I can learn from the past to build for the future.
I am free to question.
I am free to choose what I believe.
I accept responsibility for my choices and actions.
I strive to live my values.
I view ethics as my religion.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.