Activity 2: Background on Evangelical Christianity
Activity time: 20 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Leader Resource 1, Evangelical Christianity Background
- Handout 1, Amazing Grace Church - What We Believe
- Handout 2, RiverTree Baptist Church - What We Believe
- Handout 3, The ATF Creed - Acquire the Fire
Preparation for Activity
- Read Leader Resource 1 so you will be comfortable presenting the information.
- Copy the handouts for all participants.
- Prepare and set aside a sheet of newsprint with these points (from Leader Resource 1):
- Conversion experience-being born again
- Only way to be saved is to accept Jesus as your personal savior
- Called to express gospel in action-e.g., by spreading the faith, activism to promote fundamentalist Christian beliefs; service to people in need
- The Bible is God's word, literally and absolutely true, and the only guide needed for life.
- Post blank newsprint.
Description of Activity
Share, in your own words, the information in Leader Resource 1, Evangelical Christianity Background. List important terms from the resource on newsprint.
Distribute handouts. Invite the youth to skim them for (1) phrases or theological concepts they would like to clarify and (2) common themes or differences they notice among the handouts.
Guide youth toward understanding the fundamental beliefs that define Evangelical Christianity.
For more information contact email@example.com.