Welcoming and Entering
Activity time: 0 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Drawing paper; color markers, pencils, and/or crayons; and (optional) additional art supplies
- Optional: Recordings of Christian praise music, and a music player
Preparation for Activity
- Use newsprint to make a sign that says "What Makes You Want to Shout?" and, in smaller letters, "Draw something that makes you so happy you believe others should enjoy it too!" Post the sign above a welcoming table.
- Place art supplies on the welcoming table.
- Optional: Prepare music. Download Christian praise music free, on the website Free Praise and Worship. Explore the genre Christian rock online. Include selections from African American gospel. Set up and test music player. Begin playing music just before participants will arrive.
Description of Activity
Participants experience wanting to share something they love with others.
As participants enter, invite them to use the art supplies to draw something that gives them such joy that they believe others would surely enjoy it, too-something they would wish to share with as many people as possible.
Involve all participants in clean-up.