You Are Here
Welcoming and Entering
Activity time: 0 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Name tags
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Color markers and materials to decorate name tags (e.g., feathers, glitter pens, stickers, tape, and glue)
Preparation for Activity
- Using the newsprint, make a sign: "Make a name tag! Decorate it. Make it look like who you are!"
- Set name tags and materials for decorating them at a work table, and post the sign nearby.
- Make and decorate your name tag, according to the instructions offered below.
Description of Activity
As participants enter, welcome them warmly and invite them to make a name tag. Direct them to the instructions to decorate the name tag so it looks like them. If they ask for more guidance, tell them to make the name tag look like their personality or show what is important to them. Illustrate by explaining why you put certain decorations on your name tag.