You Are Here
Faith In Action: Planning the Project
Activity time: 60 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Information about the project chosen in the previous workshop
- Newsprint and markers
Preparation for Activity
- Review the selected project with the director of religious education and ask for feedback.
- If the project will take place at the congregation, invite others in your congregation (e.g., the Buildings and Ground Committee), as needed, to participate in the planning.
- If you have not done so, make a plan for ongoing communication about the project, such as an email list or a phone tree. Plan to gather contact information at this meeting if you do not already have it.
Description of Activity
Briefly review the project chosen in the last workshop and explain that the next step is to plan exactly how the project will take place. Pose the following questions to the group, and record their answers on newsprint:
- Who will take part? Do we need to invite anyone not present to take part?
- What supplies will we need?
- How much time do we anticipate the project will take?
- When is the best time to undertake our project?
- Who needs to be contacted in order for our project to move forward?
- What resources do we have available to bring to the project. What resources are needed? What resources will each of us bring in?
- What are the steps in bringing our project to completion?
After the workshop, discuss the plan with the religious educator. Determine who else needs information about the project and how information will be shared with the participants, their families, and potential partners.
Including All Participants
Throughout the project, be sure to make room for contributions from people of all ages and ability levels.