Faith In Action: Choosing a Project
Activity time: 60 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Colored dot stickers or other stickers
- Workshop 1, Handout 1, Tree-Related Project Ideas
Preparation for Activity
Research local tree groups, for example:
- Trees Atlanta, dedicated to protecting Atlanta's urban forest through planting, conservation, and education
- Grow Boston Greener, whose goal is to increase the urban tree canopy cover in the city by planting 100,000 trees by 2020
- Friends of Trees in the Pacific Northwest
- Alliance for Community Trees, a vital and growing national movement to improve the environment and our communities, one tree at a time
- Post sheets of blank newsprint.
- Optional: Locate someone in the congregation who is knowledgeable about trees. Invite that person to share information about possible projects. If your congregation participates in the UUA's Green Sanctuary Program, invite members of the committee or team to help.
Description of Activity
Repeat the steps detailed in Workshop 1 to choose another project. If desired, use the project that got the second-most votes in Workshop 1.
Including All Participants
Throughout the project, be sure to make room for contributions from people of all ages and ability levels.
For more information contact email@example.com.