Activity 3: Story - You're Saved by Something Green
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Story, "You're Saved by Something Green"
Preparation for Activity
- Read the story, so you will be comfortable leading it.
- Review the discussion questions in the activity, and add some of your own if desired.
Description of Activity
Invite the participants to make themselves comfortable and ready to listen to the story. Read or tell the story "You're Saved by Something Green."
Briefly discuss the story as a group. Prompt discussion by posing questions such as:
- How do you feel when you hear that a large tree supplies a day's worth of oxygen for four people?
- What do you think the link between trees and climate change is?
- What are a few things we can do to help reduce or slow carbon emissions that contribute to climate change?
Including All Participants
If some participants find it easier to listen if they have something to fidget with, provide some "fidget busters," such as small pieces of clay, pipe cleaners, or a length of string. If any participants have hearing limitations, consider using a hand-held microphone.