Activity 6: It Gets Better - Option 2
Activity time: 25 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Meg Riley’s “It Gets Better” video
- Chris Tuttle's "Kermit the Frog's It Gets Better" video
- Computer with Internet access
- Optional: Cell phone that records video or other video recording equipment
Preparation for Activity
- Familiarize yourself with the “It Gets Better Project.”
- If you have an Internet connection, prepare to show Meg Riley's video and the Kermit the Frog "It Gets Better" video, created by Chris Tuttle.
Description of Activity
Explain the “It Gets Better” project, noting that it was started as a way to support gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender youth who are being bullied, telling them to hold on because it will get better. Watch the video by Meg Riley and the video by Chris Tuttle.
Invite participants to create their own “It Gets Better” messages telling a personal story of when things got better, or giving good advice and support to someone who is having a difficult time. Practice saying the messages aloud, imagining that someone is taping them for television or the Internet. Optional: Use a cell phone or other videotaping equipment to record and play back the messages so participants can see them.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.