Activity 7: An Artist’s View - Option 3
Activity time: 25 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Illustrated children’s or family Bibles (check your public library for an assortment)
- Copies of depictions of the Isaac and Abraham story, such as Rembrandt’s
- 12 X18-inch sheets of drawing paper
- Poster paints, water cups and brushes
- Optional: The Binding of Isaac by Barbara Cohen (New York: Lothrop, Lee, and Shepard, 1978) or another children’s book that tells the story
Preparation for Activity
- Print copies of pictures of this story, or locate and mark drawings in the Bibles and books you have found.
- Set out materials.
Description of Activity
Invite participants to look at drawings and paintings of the story and for each one, talk about what the artist thinks about the story. What facial expressions do they see? What does the scenery look like?
Invite participants to paint their own picture of the story. How will their thoughts and ideas show up in their painting?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.