Activity 6: Responses to God's Actions- Option 2
Activity time: 25 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Simple costumes
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Three pieces of 11 X 14-inch drawing paper
- Assorted color pencils or markers
- Several sheets of self-adhesive alphabet letters, such as those used for scrapbooking. Ideally, there will be several colors and typefaces
Preparation for Activity
- Set out costumes and materials.
Description of Activity
Invite volunteer actors, one at a time, to wear a simple costume and tell the story from Sarah's point of view, from Abraham's point of view, and from Hagar's point of view. After each performance, invite other participants to name all the feelings that Sarah, Hagar, or Abraham expressed or felt, keeping a list on newsprint for each one. After all three performances, invite participants to decide together what each character would say to God if given the chance. After you have decided together and recorded it on newsprint, divide into three groups. Invite each group to use self-adhesive letters to write Sarah, Hagar, or Abraham's responses to God on a sheet of drawing paper. If there is time, the group may decorate the written responses or amplify them with color pencils or markers.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.