Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Chalice, candle and lighter, or LED battery-operated candle
- Stand or table space for the chalice
- Decorative covering for chalice stand
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Prepare a welcoming space, including comfortable seating arranged in a circle around a small table with a chalice at its center.
Description of Activity
Bring participants together and welcome them. Invite a volunteer to light the chalice as you share a favorite children's chalice lighting used by your congregation.
Ask participants: is there a story told in your family about how you came to live where you live today? Invite each person or family group to briefly share their story. Tell participants that this workshop includes a Bible story told by King David's writers about how the Hebrew people came to live where they did.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.