Opening (10 minutes), Workshop 3: Manna in the Wilderness
In "Wisdom from the Hebrew Scriptures," a Tapestry of Faith program
Materials for Activity
- Chalice, candle, and lighter or LED battery-operated candle
- Stand or table space for the chalice
- Decorative covering for chalice stand
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Prepare a welcoming space, including comfortable seating arranged in a circle around the chalice.
Description of Activity
Bring participants together and welcome them. Invite a volunteer to light the chalice as you share a favorite children's chalice lighting used by your congregation.
Invite participants to create a list of the different kinds of bread they can think of (wheat bread, rye bread, tortillas, rice cakes, and so on). Ask each person to share their name before naming a kind of bread. If anyone is having difficulty thinking of a kind of bread to add to the list, invite others to make suggestions.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, October 26, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- List of Stories
- List of Leader Resources