You Are Here
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Chalice, candle, and lighter or LED battery-operated candle
- Stand or table space for the chalice
- Decorative covering for chalice stand
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Prepare a welcoming space, including comfortable seating arranged in a circle around the chalice.
Description of Activity
Bring participants together and welcome them. Invite a volunteer to light the chalice as you share a favorite children's chalice lighting used by your congregation.
Invite participants to create a list of the different kinds of bread they can think of (wheat bread, rye bread, tortillas, rice cakes, and so on). Ask each person to share their name before naming a kind of bread. If anyone is having difficulty thinking of a kind of bread to add to the list, invite others to make suggestions.