Opening (10 minutes), Workshop 2: David and Nathan - You are That Man
In "Wisdom from the Hebrew Scriptures," a Tapestry of Faith program
Materials for Activity
- Chalice, candle and lighter, or LED battery-operated candle
- Stand or table space for the chalice
- Decorative covering for chalice stand
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Prepare a welcoming space, including comfortable seating arranged in a circle around a small table with a chalice at its center.
Description of Activity
Bring participants together and welcome them. Invite a volunteer to light the chalice as you share a favorite children's chalice lighting used in your congregation.
Invite participants to go around the circle and say their names and briefly tell of a time when they were brave. As the stories are shared, point out that bravery can mean confronting a bully, like David did Goliath, but it can also mean taking a stance for what is right and fair, which is what today's story is about.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, October 26, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- List of Stories
- List of Leader Resources