Activity 5: Discussion - Option 1
Activity time: 25 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Write these questions on newsprint and post:
- Why is this story preserved?
- What were they trying to teach with this story?
- What can we learn from this story?
Description of Activity
Invite participants to discuss the questions posted on newsprint. Use some of these questions to provoke, guide or further the discussion, as needed:
- What are God's moral principles in this story?
- How has the relationship between David and God changed since the story of David and Goliath?
- Who is God in relationship with?
- What does God want done?
- What method does God use to change David's behavior? What moral sensibility do we share with David when confronted by our own hypocrisy?
- How is this story like an incident in your life? When have you been David, Bathsheeba, Uriah, and Nathan?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.