Leaders (Wisdom from the Hebrew Scriptures)
A team of two or more adults, either lay leaders or religious professionals, should facilitate these workshops. Although consistency of leadership offers many advantages, every workshop need not be led by the same facilitators. Seek a team of leaders who are:
- Comfortable leading a multigenerational program and knowledgeable about children's, youth, and adult faith development
- Committed to the Unitarian Universalist Principles, to the congregation, and to the faith development components of this program
- Willing and able to thoroughly prepare for each workshop
- Effective at speaking, teaching, and facilitating group process
- Flexible, and willing to modify workshop plans to support the full inclusion of all participants
- Able to listen deeply and to encourage participation of all individuals
- Able to demonstrate respect for individuals, regardless of age, race, social class, gender identity, and sexual orientation
- Able to honor the life experiences each participant will bring to the program, regardless of age or life stage.
While knowledge of the Hebrew scriptures is helpful, it is not a requirement for effectively leading this program. Willingness and ability to adequately prepare for each workshop, and comfort with a multigenerational group is far more valuable.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
- Hebrew Scriptures
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- List of Stories
- List of Leader Resources
- Gather the Spirit