Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Taking It Home handout
- Clear bowl to serve as a chalice
- A small, hardy plant (such as a spider plant or shamrock plant)
- Optional: Small table
- Optional: Newsprint, markers and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Adapt Taking It Home for your group. Prepare copies or email to adult participants and parents.
- Place the chalice bowl and plant where all can gather around it.
- Optional: Write the closing words on newsprint and post.
Description of Activity
Gather the group. Briefly summarize the workshop:
Today, we talked about gratitude and generosity, how they work together. We thought about how we can experience the cycle of gratitude and generosity, how we can be generous stewards of the Earth and its water in our own lives.
Invite the group into a moment in silence. Then, invite participants to offer a thought about what moved them during this workshop. Say something like:
Think about our time together. What will you take with you as we leave today?
Allow a moment for reflection before volunteers respond. Then say:
We will recycle our chalice water by nurturing our plant.
Pour the water from the chalice bowl into the plant.
As you pour, recite the closing words:
We leave our Gather the Spirit friends now, but not our Gather the Spirit friendships. May they be with us until we meet again.
Distribute the Taking It Home handouts you have prepared.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.