Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Taking It Home handout
- Clear bowl to serve as a chalice
- A small, hardy plant (such as a spider plant or shamrock plant)
- Optional: Small table
- Optional: Newsprint, markers and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Adapt Taking It Home for your group. Prepare copies or email to adult participants and parents.
- Place the chalice bowl and plant where all can gather around it.
- Optional: Write the closing words on newsprint and post.
Description of Activity
Gather the group. Briefly summarize the workshop:
Today, we talked about how we all have gifts and talents that we can use to help make our communities and the world a better place. We heard a story about how when people cared and worked together in community, and partners cared and worked with them too, they solved a complex, serious water problem. In Gather the Spirit, we find ways to be good stewards of the world's waters.
Think about our time together. What will you take with you as we leave today?
Allow a moment for reflection. Then invite volunteers to share. Then say:
We will recycle our chalice water by nurturing our plant.
Pour the water from the chalice bowl into the plant.
As you pour, recite the closing words:
We leave our Gather the Spirit friends now, but not our Gather the Spirit friendships. May they be with us until we meet again.
Distribute the Taking It Home handouts you have prepared.