Activity 3: Time and Talent Exploration
Activity time: 15 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers and tape
- Handout 1, Time/Talent/Treasure Survey
- Optional: Pencils/pens
Preparation for Activity
- Copy Handout 1 for all participants, plus extra for leaders.
- Decide, depending on the group and the time you have, whether to lead the activity as a group discussion or to ask participants to fill out surveys individually and then share. The latter is recommended. Young participants who need help reading or writing/drawing can work with an older partner
- Set pencils/pens on work tables.
- Post newsprint to record participant responses. You may wish to post five sheets-one for each question.
Description of Activity
Participants think about what they are good at and what they could enjoy contributing in service to others.
- Distribute the Time/Talent/Treasure Survey. Whether you are leading this activity only as a group discussion or as a written survey followed by group discussion, providing time for reflection gives introverted individuals the time they need to think before responding. Quiet time to write helps everyone find their own answers rather than be influenced by the responses of others.
Distribute the surveys if you are using them, and ask participants to take a few minutes to quietly fill them out before regathering for group sharing.
If the group is staying together for one collective discussion, explain that you will read each question aloud, ask them to reflect silently for a few moments, and invite them to raise their hands when they have a response to share. Record responses on newsprint. When all questions have been addressed, invite participants to consider how their particular gifts might be of use to the communities to which they belong.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.