Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Taking It Home handout
- Clear bowl to serve as a chalice
- A small, hardy plant (such as a spider plant or shamrock plant)
- Optional: Small table
- Optional: Newsprint, markers and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Adapt the Taking It Home section. Prepare it as a handout and copy for all participants (or, email to all adult participants and parents).
- Re-set the chalice bowl and plant where all can gather around it.
- Optional: Write the closing words on newsprint, and post.
Description of Activity
Gather the group. Briefly summarize the workshop:
Today we talked about having access to clean water. Not everyone in the world has the same access to clean water that many of us have in the United States . We talked about clean sanitation, having the proper place to go to the bathroom. We learned that some people have no choice but to go near their clean water sources. We will commit to preserving clean water here and support efforts around the world for clean sanitation.
Invite participants to offer a thought about what moved them during this workshop. Say something like:
Think about our time together. What will you take with you as we leave today?
Allow a moment for reflection. Then invite volunteers to answer. Then say:
We will recycle our chalice water by nurturing our plant.
Pour the water from the chalice bowl into the plant.
As you pour, recite the closing words:
We leave our Gather the Spirit friends now, but not our Gather the Spirit friendships. May they be with us until we meet again.
Distribute the Taking It Home handouts you have prepared. Thank and dismiss participants. Set aside the chalice bowl and plant where they will be safe between workshops.
For more information contact email@example.com.