Spiritual Preparation, Session 9: Creativity in Nature
In "World of Wonder," a Tapestry of Faith program
Find a place where you can be quiet with your thoughts. Close your eyes and breathe deeply for several minutes, perhaps repeating a word or phrase to separate yourself from the activities of the day. When you feel settled and relaxed, take a few moments to reflect on your own creativity:
- What messages did you receive about imagination and creativity as you were growing up? Was imagination valued or dismissed?
- How do you feel about your creativity today?
- Are there any types of creative expression that you avoid? Is there an area in which your creativity is blocked?
- How do you express creativity in your life? Areas where you express creativity might include movement and dance, writing, music, art, problem solving, generating ideas, woodworking, sewing, or gardening.
As you prepare to lead the group, honor the creativity that exists in each participant and allow your own sense of reverence, wonder, and awe to be present as you lead this session.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Friday, May 17, 2013.
- About the Authors
- Session 1
- Session 2
- Session 3
- Session 4
- Session 5
- Session 6
- Session 7
- Session 8
- Session 9
- Session 10
- Session 11
- Session 12
- Session 13
- Session 14
- Session 15
- Session 16
- List of Handouts
- List of Stories
- List of Leader Resources
- Entire Program
- Entire Program (Paper-Saving Version)