Live your Unitarian Universalist values out loud. Make your year-end gift today!
In "World of Wonder," a Tapestry of Faith program
Children create a simple bird feeder.
Demonstrate, and then help children as needed:
1. Tie a piece of string or yarn to the top of the pinecone.
2. Create a loop for hanging.
3. Cover the surface of the pinecone with the shortening mixture, filling in the spaces between the scales.
4. Roll the pinecone in the birdseed until it is covered completely.
5. Wrap the pinecone feeder in waxed paper to take home.
Optional: Go outside to hang pinecone feeders at the congregation.
For more information contact email@example.com.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations.
Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Friday, May 17, 2013.
Sidebar Content, Page Navigation
More Ways to Search
Donate to Support This Program and the Ongoing Work of the UUA
Read or subscribe to UUA.org Updates for the latest additions to our site.
Learn more about the Beliefs & Principles of Unitarian Universalism, or read our online magazine, UU World, for features on today's Unitarian Universalists. Visit an online UU church, or find a congregation near you.