Spiritual Preparation, Session 3: Thanks Be for Trees!
In "World of Wonder," a Tapestry of Faith program
Find a place where you can be quiet with your thoughts. Close your eyes and breathe deeply for several minutes, perhaps repeating a word or phrase to separate yourself from the activities of the day. When you feel settled and relaxed, consider:
- Is there a tree that is special to you, either now or in the past?
- In what ways are you spiritually nourished by that connection?
- In what other ways are you connected to trees?
- In what ways are you caring for trees in your everyday actions?
Allow your own sense of reverence, wonder, and awe to be present as you lead this session.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Friday, May 17, 2013.
- About the Authors
- Session 1
- Session 2
- Session 3
- Session 4
- Session 5
- Session 6
- Session 7
- Session 8
- Session 9
- Session 10
- Session 11
- Session 12
- Session 13
- Session 14
- Session 15
- Session 16
- List of Handouts
- List of Stories
- List of Leader Resources
- Entire Program
- Entire Program (Paper-Saving Version)