Leader Resource 1: Creating the Leadership Chart
On a sheet of poster board, make a chart of leadership roles the participants can share during this program. Leave enough space next to each leadership role to designate a volunteer.
Make a name tag for each participant, plus a few extra for newcomers, using card stock.
Attach Velcro tape (available at hardware and craft stores) alongside each role on the chart and on the back of each name tag.
As an alternative to the Velcro tape, you can laminate the chart and write volunteer's names with a dry erase marker.
If the group is small, combine tasks. For example, an Opening Circle Leader might light the chalice and lead the others in saying the chalice lighting words.
Possible leadership roles:
- Chalice Lighter lights the chalice.
- Chalice Leader leads the others in saying the chalice-lighting words.
- Name Game Leader is the first person in the earth ball or welcome web game.
- Song Leader leads the closing song.
- Welcoming Leader watches to be sure everyone is being included and that newcomers are welcomed, e.g., invites newcomers to sign the group covenant during the Opening.
- Materials Leader helps with setting up and giving out supplies.
- Peace Leader, with adult support, helps to resolve any conflicts that arise.
- Justice Leader watches to make sure everyone is treated fairly.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.