Activity 2: Introducing the Leadership Chart
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Leader Resource 1, Creating the Leadership Chart
- Poster board, card stock, markers, adhesive Velcro tape (available at hardware and craft stores) and scissors
- Optional: Laminator for poster board, and dry erase markers in place of card stock
Preparation for Activity
- Together with your co-leaders and religious educator, determine which leadership roles and tasks to include (see Leader Resource 1 for ideas).
- Make the Leadership Chart and name tags, following instructions on Leader Resource 1.
Description of Activity
Sharing in leadership roles empowers children as partners in their group. In future sessions, the Leadership Chart and role assignments will be part of the Opening.
Gather the group in a circle. Indicate the Leadership Chart and tell the children they will take turns being leaders. Briefly describe the roles and tasks. Assign jobs randomly or by soliciting volunteers. Explain that each time you meet, the jobs will change. Anyone who did not get a job today will have one during another session.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.