Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- World of Wonder Mural from Session 1
- Closing song lyrics from Session 1
- Taking It Home
- Optional: Stories from World of Wonder, copied for all participants
Preparation for Activity
- Download and adapt the Taking It Home section and copy for all participants (you may wish to email to parents as well).
- Post the World of Wonder mural.
- Display the lyrics to the Closing song, "We've Got the Whole World in Our Hands."
- Optional: Print the World of Wonder stories the children heard in this program, and create a booklet for each child. If possible, photograph the World of Wonder mural and print it as the cover page for each booklet.
Description of Activity
Gather in a circle around the World of Wonder mural. Say in these words or your own:
This is the end of our time together. Let's look at our World of Wonder mural and remember what we learned together.
As you point to each picture or symbol on the mural, ask the children what the picture represents. Prompt them to remember the activities and learning they experienced in that session. Affirm any story or game they recall on their own.
Sing the closing song "We've Got the Whole World in Our Hands." Invite the Song Leader to start the song, with accompanying hand motions.
Participants can help each other remember hand motions or can create new ones.
Distribute Taking It Home. Thank the children for participating and express that you appreciated their presence.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.